Julie Mango


Miss Julie
a perfect handful
to contend with,
always playing hard
to get,
How is the air up there
Miss Julie?
Don't worry
because I will know
when you are ready
for me,
that slow blush
spreading like the dawn
over young skin.
I will come for you
and steal you away
behind their backs
Miss Julie
I will savor your wild
tropical scent
of heat and savage rain
and be your first
carnivorous love
of sweet pulp and
warm sticky punch.
And then Miss Julie
I will take you home
to breed for me
an infinite feast
of little Julies.


-----

Born and raised on Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanessa moved to Canada for her studies, where she received a degree in Comparative Literature and Culture, and currently works as a Library Assistant. In her free time she edits other people's writing instead of doing her own. She has been published by Compass, Inscribed, Calabash and The Caribbean Writer, and is a contributing editor at ARC Magazine.

No comments:

Copyright 2010-2019 St. Somewhere Press All rights reserved.
Copyright of individual works contained in St. Somewhere Journal remain the property of their respective authors.