Fluent

sometimes I don’t understand
English
very well
it is
said
too quickly, too coldly
nobody shares
the language
as often as
they should
they say they
will talk to you later
or that they will
speak to you soon
I learned
my native tongue
by ear
by heart
and I use it
all the time
mostly I
pour English
out on pages
always
amazed how
it never runs out
but like an
ink well
in the desert
I know
one day
words
will fail
me

-----

Ivan Jenson has enjoyed success publishing his poetry in the US and the UK and he has received recognition for his bold Pop Art. His "Absolut Jenson" painting was featured in Art News, Art in America, and he has sold several works at Christie's, New York. His poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Word Riot, Zygote in my Coffee, Camroc Press Review, Word Catalyst Magazine, Poetry Super Highway, Alternative Reel Poets Corner, Underground Voices Magazine, Blazevox, and many others. He now writes novels and poetry in Grand Rapids, Michigan. http://www.ivanjensonartist.com/

No comments:

Copyright 2010-2019 St. Somewhere Press All rights reserved.
Copyright of individual works contained in St. Somewhere Journal remain the property of their respective authors.