Down In Front

I wonder if you will be kind enough
to lower your head so I can see what’s happening in front of me.
Because I know that you don’t want me to be out of the loop.
You want me to be a part of the civic activity,
perhaps, in the way that all the rest of our citizens are,
confronting the daily issues that beset us on all sides.
You want to be able to include my name
in the list of people who care;
who can offer positive solutions for the difficult predicaments of our times.
But who nevertheless place blocks on their shoulders
over which birds maintain they will never be able to fly.

-----

Lee Stern has published over 120 poems. Many on the internet. He lives in Los Angeles

where he continues to age as gracefully as the circumstances allow.

.

No comments:

Copyright 2010-2019 St. Somewhere Press All rights reserved.
Copyright of individual works contained in St. Somewhere Journal remain the property of their respective authors.